Friday 3 June 2011

Songwriting, Woodshedding & Rubbing Shoulders with Jazz Royalty

May was a quiet but productive month.  For the final week I made my flat into a songwriting prison and banned myself from going out in an attempt to force myself to devote some serious time to songwriting.  It was tough!  Especially at the beginning.  Although I didn't leave my flat I managed to find a new diversion and probably watched around 10 films on the internet!  (I highly recommend Donnie Darko.)

The good news is that I've now completed three songs and another two are part written.  So I didn't do too badly.  :-)  I'm looking forward to more writing and hope to have a full album's worth before too long.

But before my self-imposed incarceration, I attended the Parliamentary Jazz Awards at the Houses of Parliament.  A good time was had by all and I got the opportunity to rub shoulders with Jazz Royalty.  Here's a photo of me with three of my favourite singers:  Christine Tobin, Norma Winstone and Dame Cleo Laine!

Norma Winstone,, Cleo Laine, Juliet Kelly & Christine Tobin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate the feedback. :-)