Monday 17 January 2011

Organising a UK Jazz Tour - Update

I've just realised that I've been a little lax lately with the blog posts.  So thought I'd update you and let you know how I've been doing with my "homework"...
  • Contracts/email confirmations have been received and signed for all dates.
  • Received 80% of the funding grant awarded by Jazz Services. (The final 20% to be sent on the completion of the tour and my return of assessment reports/forms for each gig.)
  • Flyers and posters printed and sent out to all venues for February dates.  Publicity material for March dates to be sent out in the next couple of weeks.
  • Press release emailed to radio stations.  So far 3 interviews have been booked - BBC Stoke, BBC Devon and Solar Radio.
  • Press release sent to local newspapers.  Nice preview in Berwickshire newspaper and another feature planned.
  • Tour details uploaded to sites like remotegoat and ReverbNation.  I'd definitely recommend remotegoat as it very helpfully syndicates automatically to local newspapers and other online sites like Ents24.
  • Accommodation booked.
  • Rehearsal with band organised. 
So almost time to concentrate solely on the music...  Aaah - my favourite part!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate the feedback. :-)