- Contracts/email confirmations have been received and signed for all dates.
- Received 80% of the funding grant awarded by Jazz Services. (The final 20% to be sent on the completion of the tour and my return of assessment reports/forms for each gig.)
- Flyers and posters printed and sent out to all venues for February dates. Publicity material for March dates to be sent out in the next couple of weeks.
- Press release emailed to radio stations. So far 3 interviews have been booked - BBC Stoke, BBC Devon and Solar Radio.
- Press release sent to local newspapers. Nice preview in Berwickshire newspaper and another feature planned.
- Tour details uploaded to sites like remotegoat and ReverbNation. I'd definitely recommend remotegoat as it very helpfully syndicates automatically to local newspapers and other online sites like Ents24.
- Accommodation booked.
- Rehearsal with band organised.
Monday, 17 January 2011
Organising a UK Jazz Tour - Update
I've just realised that I've been a little lax lately with the blog posts. So thought I'd update you and let you know how I've been doing with my "homework"...